Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hey Guys,

I’m interested in working a little more fish into my diet. My go to has always been a nice, big salmon fillet, topped with lemon juice and maybe even some honey. While delicious, its also rather costly, so not really something I can do all the time.

Do any of you have some tasty fish dishes that you make throughout the week?

I find fish or sea food in general is expensive, so not sure I can help out there, except maybe canned salmon, which you can often get wild caught, that’s pretty convenient and not too crazy expensive. It’s pretty good if you use it to make a recipe. Salmon fillets are also my go-to. Another dish I want to try to make is ceviche, which I had recently and it was incredible. Sometimes frozen fish can be pretty reasonably priced too and maybe better quality.

Non-fish choices: Scallops wrapped in bacon, mussels, and garlic shrimp.

I’m cooking a tuna steak right now, never done that before so we’ll see how it goes!

Personally, I’m a huge oyster fan. If you’re lucky you can find some good little seafood joints with reasonable prices. Additionally, rainbow or steelhead trout are amazing options as well. I’m not sure how they compare to price in terms of typical salmon, as these guys are technically salmonoids as well. What I will say though, is that if you’re a salmon guy, I think you might even prefer trout. It is seriously mindblowing imho.

Also, on the canned fish note, I might be a little cautious just because inside the tins, there are thin layers of plastic that DO leach into canned foods generally speaking and are therefore estrogenic. On occasion, this might be an option, but if you’re looking to optimize your health, I don’t really think it’s a daily option. Just something to consider. If you wanna learn more, Id recommend you read Estrogenics by Dr. Anthony Jay.

Best of luck pal.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.