Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Matt and I were tossing around the idea the other night of potentially some day implementing some open source articles on UpRiver, the idea being that an article topic would be started, and then all members of the community could add and contribute directly to it. The desired end result would be a large comprehensive article that came from the collective knowledge of numerous people, rather than just a single author. Sort of like a more directed Wikipedia.

Any thoughts on this? Are there any current examples of something like this working? Would you be interested in contributing? Any reasons why we shouldn’t do this? Obviously all information would need to be verified in some way

I like the idea a lot. The issues as I see them are ones of verification and vandalism.

When it comes to making sure that the information presented actually backed by something legitimate would be a difficult but valuable tool. It couldnt really be a place for a stricly anecdotes as that is basically the function that the forum serves.

By vandalism, I mean that UpRiver would need to prevent anyone from going into the open source articles and changing things that were previously written and accepted.

I don’t have a ton of background in this space, but its something that, if we can make it work around these two issues I’ve raised, would be an incredible contribution to the platform.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.