Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

This is a follow-up to a conversation that the UpRiver team was having in person earlier today.

Basically the premise was, if you’re following a diet that is restrictive, such as the carnivore diet, in your experience is it better to sticl strictly to the diet, or to regularly allow for some things that fall outside of it, to keep things interesting.

In the example of carnivore, do you think its better to stricly eat 100% animal products, or to allow for a small amount of non-animal foods in your diet, just to keep you from getting bored and to get a bit more of the psycological benefits that may come from a more varied diet?

A lot of the time with restrictive diets, it seems best to start fully strict for like a month to establish a baseline, then add things in slowly so you can see the effect of each new food.

I personally found with carnivore, for example, going completely strict for a month gave me a good feel for what the pure diet felt like, and then as I added things I saw changes that I actually liked because I felt less restricted and had a better appetite. For others though, I read many people feel best on 100% strict carnivore. I think each person has a different strictness that’s optimal for them that can only be found through experimentation.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.