Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

What is the one most important thing you have done to improve yourself including meditating, reading, getting up earlier etc. anything goes.

Definitely figuring out the proper diet and sleep regiment for your body.

When it comes to being productive, happy and healthy, it seems to me that these two things are some of the best places to optimize. From everything to homework, to a hobby you’re working on or even physical performance, everything just seems to get better when you sleep and eat as your particular body needs.

Check out the Sleep Stream and the Nutrition Stream in conjunction. They really help and ultimately allow you to create a cornerstone upon which every other self-improvement hack or trick can be built!

One important thing that I’ve realized though: both when it comes to sleep or nutrition, one must take an individualist outlook. Things that work for one person do not necessarily work for everyone. Your ancestry, environment, and particular daily tasks all come together to call for different sleep and food approaches and it takes time, practice and ultimately patience to truly get these things down properly.

Anyone else feel me on this?

Yeah, Im with Spencer, fixing my sleep schedule yielded huge results.

For a long time I would stay up late every weekend and sleep in super late. It would take me about a week to get back to sleeping regularly after that, just in time for me to go out and do it again.

Trying to go to bed at a consistent time and waking up at a consistent time every day has been a big boost to my overall energy throughout the week.

Yeah exactly man. I think also consistency in when you go to bed is best as in time, your body will naturally get you up when you need to.

Alternatively though, if you can’t seem to get to bed at about the same time everyday, avoiding the snooze button in the morning is your next best friend in my opinion. I guess the name of the game is regularity and consistency. Obviously though, its worth sleeping a little more if you went to bed at 7am and your alarm is set for 7:45am or whatever LOL.

Yeah for sure, getting the routine down for food and sleep is key for me too.

I found actually that it’s much easier to just stick to a consistent wake up time than a consistent bed time. That way, I’m never restricted if I want to stay up and socialize. Plus, the wake up time keeps me in check for my bed time anyway.

Also, another thing I heard a while ago that makes me a lot more flexible, I think from Rhonda Patrick, is that you can be off your schedule 2/7 days a week and your circadian rhythm is ok. I find having my core sleep habits during the week being really good allows me to keep momentum through the weekend even if I mess it up. As long as I’m right back on it on Monday.

very interesting. So do you change your wake up time if you’ve gone to bed especially late the night before or are you typically pretty militant about it? and what time do you usually wake up and go to bed and weekends and weekdays, if you don’t mind my asking.

I’m usually pretty militant about it, but I do allow 1 or 2 (usually 1) day of sleeping in because I know it’s probably good to have a buffer and just relax some days. I find though that nowadays since I’ve been so consistent and walk outside every morning, I can’t sleep in even if I want to! Unless, I’m up really late that is.

Weekdays:
      10 aim to be in bed (but it usually ends up being 11)
      7 wake up

Weekends
      10-12 aim to be in bed (or later if I really want)
      7 wake up (or as late as 9 or 10 if I feel like it)

I actually find I don’t really enjoy sleeping in much anymore since I love mornings!

How do you guys feel about exceptions to your sleep schedule?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.