Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Let us know if there is something you’d like UpRiver to cover!

Ketosis and the pros and cons of having different levels of carbs in the diet, the carnivore diet, and weight lifting! Also how ketosis and lifting might work together and how to optimize for that.

What topics would you like on here
      Spencer?

Ooooh yeah I actually totally agree with you. Carnivore and keto are very cool. To that I would add Paleo, and Veganism. A collection of their benefits and drawbacks. While I won’t reveal my hand just yet, I believe that some definitely have more advantages, while others are totally riddled with nasty drawbacks…

I think also it would be really cool if we were able to add a “nootropics and substances” stream. I think that with movies like “Lucy” and “Limitless” people are becoming more and more interested in if these substances (or ones similar) exist. I think it would be hugely beneficial if UpRiver covered some of the big and smaller names out there when it comes to smart-drugs and substances.

Does that kind of thing interest you, Matt?

Yeah it does for sure. I’ve tried my fair share of nootropics and other enhancing substances and find mixed results. It would definitely be an interesting avenue to re-explore for me and to lay out our findings for others.

I think the basics like mindset, nutrition, sleep, and sex are the best to master first, then to see if these substances are good tools to use occasionally. I don’t know if they work long term, but hey I guess that’s something we’ll try to find out!

Good suggestions boys. We should definitely incorporate some of those topics in the future!

I think UpRiver is missing a way for the community to engage. I’m not quite sure how to do it just yet though.

Yeah Matt, I gotta agree with you again. Haha. Occasional use if definitely key. Like anything, nootropics can definitely be abused if mis or overused. I think the first approach is mastering diet and sleep in terms of optimizing brain performance.

And Greg, I also agree with you. However, as a forum builds not only will it encourage new conversation, it will contain unique information presented to users in a more casual manner that allows some people who are intimidated by articles to jump on in. πŸ™‚

I think once we get a network of people built up on here, it will compound and then there will be more to engage in. We’ll just keep adding to the forum and it’ll get there eventually!

Another thing I would like to explore is self-quantification devices like the Oura ring and other sleep and fitness measurements, along with more and more sophisticated tools as we build our resources.

Some other topics I would like to explore and re-explore more deeply are:
      -Red light therapy/sun light/light therapy generally
      -Fasting
      -Mitochondrial functioning/enhancement
      -Gut and microbiome health
      -Ancient/modern indigenous health practices
      -Cold therapy
      -Oxygen therapy and breathing techniques
      -Electrical grounding of the human body
      Anti-aging
      -Brain and nervous system research
      Immune system regulation of inflammation and general optimization
      -Psychological health
      -Chakra/meridian systems and ancient Taoist and Buddhist practices surrounding this

I know these topics are essentially infinite, so there’s so much to go into and only so much time but I think I’d like to learn them all eventually πŸ˜€

Yeah those seem really cool.

To that list, id probably add

-Raw food diet
      -Exploring raw meat and its proponents’ claims
      -best biofeedback devices and their purposes
      -and a more expansive meditation section that compares and contrasts the different styles of meditation!

For sure, I’m on board with those ideas as well! As we discussed in our meeting today, we have a new section potentially laying out and helping us to explore all of the ideas we have in our minds! Stay tuned πŸ˜‰

Hey UpRiver,

I had two things I thought might be interesting for you guys to cover!

The first being, bathroom products, I don’t even know if most people are even aware that estrogenic compounds along with other harmful chemicals are being used in soaps, shampoos, conditioners, toothpastes, laundry detergents, etc. All I really know is to stay away from, lavender, products with “fragrance” on the ingredients list, parabens, and phthalates. Maybe you could create a tiered list of things that people should stay away from, how to look out for them on ingredients lists and maybe even products that you recommend!

The second topic would be about getting blood work and hormone panels done at a lab. Lots of people are either recommended by their doctors or request their doctors to “get their bloodwork done”. This seems to be some sort of an attempt at a shortcut to peace of mind. They either have some vague idea that their “blood sugar” and “cholesterol” are being checked or they have no clue at all what is being looked at. So they completely rely on the hope that their GP knows what they’re doing and if they say the results are fine, then they’re fine. Unfortunately, it seems now that health is now graded on a curve so “fine” might not be so fine after all. Some sort of a practical guide to what people should be getting tested and what result they should actually be looking for would be really useful!

Thanks for the consideration along with all the evident time and effort put into this amazing resource!

Hi Gus,

Great ideas, I often think about what products I’m putting on my skin and it would be good to have a sort of “green light” for certain products that I know won’t pump me with estrogen mimicking compounds. I don’t know much about them either, but it would be a good one to research. We’ll let you know when we have some research on this on here!

This second topic is at the top of our list in an area we’re calling self-quantification. Blood work is one of the best ways to see what’s going on in you body, but most panels you get from your doctor are very limited. There are many more informative tests we’ll have to cover with guides on how to understand them. It’s a big area and something we’ll get into in the next year I would think.

Thanks for the suggestions! Feel free to add more, we’ll keep a list πŸ˜‰

Gusssssssss,

Great ideas man. We will definitely get working on those. Bathroom products, cleaning products, and fragrances can be a real doozy. We’ll get on that my dude!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.