Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

What would be an optimal health website to you that’s not currently out there? What is UpRiver missing for you?

For me, an ideal health website would have hundreds of topics covered with one deep article for each topic that way the reading is more efficient with everything in one place, with a rating system for articles so I can see the cream of the crop and read those first. Articles would be updated as research comes out as well. It would be nice to see a higher level of organization above these articles as well, like themes to tie them all together – like the chunking memory trick.

Forum as well, there aren’t that many good quality health forums out there. Some decent ones on Reddit though. I would also like a product research section of a website – basically an Amazon of health products with unbiased reviews/ratings by trusted users.

The overarching idea is a consolidation of all health information on the internet in one place, highly organized and fact checked. Right now, there’s nothing organized like that out there. Nothing that connects it all and brings it together in a clear way.

Another thing is inspiration and stories. I would like to see people who can do impressive things with their health using information in the articles like reverse conditions, or achieve a certain performance metric athletically, mentally or otherwise. Kind of like more Ben Greenfields.

There’s so much information out there, it’s about bringing it all together I think.

I agree with everything you said.

Just an interesting observation on health forums: I’ve noticed that most (not all, but most) health forums that seem to pop off, are ones that blatantly vilify something.

For Keto’s, its carbs.
      For Carnivors, its veggies.
      For Powerlifters, its cardio.
      For Runners, its heavy lifting.

I think that UpRiver doesn’t really vilify anything, and its probably for the best. Other than mainstream generally poor recommendations like eating doritos all the time (which I guess isn’t really a recommendation as much as it is forced down your proverbial throat by advertising).

I guess ultimately what I’m saying is that even though its popular to have villains on health blogs and communities, I think that its a whole lot better to focus on the good than to focus on the bad. My ideal health site would probably do that. Focus on the good. I feel that UpRiver does a pretty good job of looking at the benefits certain practices can offer their practitioners, as opposed to how “horrible carbs are…”

Kind of just a stream of consciousness here lol, but let me know your insight :p

Thats an interesting point Spencer. I hadn’t really thought of it before but it is rather tiresome how so many communities seem to try much harder to disprove their “opponents” points, rather than prove their own.

It seems focusing on the truth is whats best, and would be whats part of my ideal health site.

Yeah standing for something seems to be more effective than standing against something I would agree. It seems the information is more constructive that way for people’s actual health.

Having truth be a priority is also all-important now since there is so much noise and unhealthy practices recommended by the mainstream.

Consolidating good, true information that is constructive seems to be a place to add value in the community. I would add to that reducing fluff and creating a state of clarity in the noisy arena of health advice would be valuable as well.

What else are health websites missing? I think there is more to dig into here. What sets UpRiver apart, and what will set UpRiver apart? The world doesn’t need more average health websites. What specifically do we or can we offer beyond articles, beyond a forum, which already exist elsewhere? Is it a blend of many ingredients? Which ones?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.