Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Guys, like clockwork, I wake up in the middle of the night for a few moments. Im aware that most people wake up and average of 4-7 times a night, but usually they don’t remember this at all. For me, however, every night I wake up. I just want to sleep a full night without waking up (or at least remembering) I wake up in the middle of the night.

Anyone else have this problem? Better yet, anyone find a solution to this?

Its never abrupt or anything, but it is predictable. Pls lmk if anyone has any insight! Thanks!

When I wake up in the middle of the night I find it’s usually due to temperature. I naturally run pretty hot so if I accidentally load up too much on the blankets I’m pretty prone to waking up a couple hours later, overheated.

Often, I feel nice and cozy under the blankets when I’m going to sleep, but after my body has had a couple hours to pump some more heat into them it can get to be too much.

I’m sure theres a myriad of reasons for waking up in the middle of the night so this is likely not the issue you’re experiencing, but it could be worth a shot to downgrade on the blankets and see what happens

I was having this problem a while back combined with not being able to fall asleep. I was feeling too stimulated constantly and couldn’t help overthinking. I felt like my nervous system was just “on”, even after I would fall asleep.

I found that over time and I’m not completely sure why, it just went away. Part of it may have actually been sleep deprivation. When I was deprived of sleep I think my body was so tired it just went into a deep sleep and wouldn’t have any tendency to wake since it needed the recovery. Perhaps doing that for a short time would help you break that automatic habit of waking up. If I were to guess, you’re waking happens around a similar time each night? I found once I got into a habit of waking up my body just kept doing it so the habit had to be broken.

Another thing for me was having more calm in my daily mental state which helped quite a bit as it seemed to translate into my sleep. All I know is that my state of mind during the day reflected my likelihood of waking at night.

Keep us updated!

Hey Spencer, have you stopped waking up at night? If so, any notes on what helped or what caused the problem?

Hey guys. So I actually began to start sleeping better through the night. It came down to two big factors.

1. Greg was right. I definitely was getting too hot. In light of this fact, I kind of decided to splurge a little bit and get myself a nifty device that cools or heats by actual bedsheets up to my desired temperature throughout the night. This way, it’s not just my out-of-bed temperature that I can control. This helped a lot. I find keeping my sheets at 68 ish degrees is perfect.

2. I was on a 0 carb diet. I found that when I introduced [raw & unheated] honey again to my diet – especially approx 2h before bedtime, I began to sleep a lot better. What’s more, is that my Oura ring confirms it.

I have experimented with more mindset training before bed, and I find it also helps me doze off so that Matt! I have actually been rereading our mindset articles closer to bed and they’re seriously awesome (if i do say so myself).

Apart from my genetic analyst telling me that unfortunately I am cursed with light-sleeper genes, My sleep issues are relatively solved!

That’s good to hear! Hearing that is making me wonder about my temperature at night, I may have to check out that Bed Jet. Carbs on carnivore is also a really interesting thing I think I struggle with. I had a bowl of popcorn recently after a long time on no carbs and just devoured it. I realised just how much my body needed it – it felt more like a need than a craving to me. I’ve been sleeping better too since adding carbs, and I think feeling better as a whole, especially after workouts when I really feel I need it.

Winding down in some way for like ten minutes, such as stretching or lying on an acupressure mat or just relaxing for a bit helps me a lot too before bed. If I try to jump in bed right after being on my computer or doing something, I toss and turn.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.